Academia Europaea 27th Annual Conference 2015
“Symbiosis – Synergy of Humans & Technology“#
7 - 10 September 2015#
- Participation in the Annual Business Meeting of Members of the Academia Europaea, open to all elected members of the Academia Europaea
- Five famous Keynote Speakers with Professor Stefan W. Hell, Nobel Laureat among them
- The possibility to visit ESOC (Tuesday or Wednesday), the European Space Operations Center, a once in a lifetime chance
- A variety of interesting talks, panels and discussions
- Welcome reception on the first evening hosted by Jochen Partsch, Lord Mayor of the City of Darmstadt in the famous Orangerie
- The Gala Dinner of the 27th Annual Conference will be held on Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. in the state theatre (!!!) in the city center
- Variety of excursions (for e.g. accompanying persons)
- Registration includes reception, gala dinner, all coffee breaks and lunches, and a free ticket for all public transportation
Academia Europaea invites you to Darmstadt, Germany, for the 27th Annual Conference under the motto “Symbiosis - Synergy of Humans & Technology”!#The Academy follows the mission to “promote a better understanding among the public at large of scientific and scholarly issues which affect society, its quality of life and its standards of living”. According to this mission the Academia Europaea 2015 invites to keynote talks by distinguished researchers and will offer parallel streams focussing on the knowledge exchange between disciplines. Leading experts will present their field of research and demonstrate its relevance and (potential) impact to the world and to other research domains.
The Presentation of the 2015 Erasmus Medal of the Academy to Professor Edith Hall, who will also deliver the 2015 AE-Heinz-Nixdorf Lecture: “Master of Those Who Know”: Aristotle as Inspiration for the 21st-century Academician?
- Prof. Adrian Bejan, Duke University: The Human & Machine Species: Life and Evolution as Physics
- Prof. Stefan W. Hell, Max Planck Inst for Biophysical Chemistry, Nobel Laureate 2014 for Chemistry
- Prof. Arthur Konnerth, Technical University Munich: Technology meets biomedicine: analysis of Alzheimer's disease at single cell resolution
- Prof. Bernt Schiele, Max Planck Inst for Informatics, Saarbrücken: Visual Scene Understanding
- Ineke Sluiter, Leiden University: "Anchoring Innovation": a classicist’s approach to the human factor in innovation
Presentation of awards to young research scholars working in Germany: Ten Burgen Scholarships will be awarded.
VENUE INFORMATION and registration for the event#
The event will take place in Darmstadt, Germany, a city which documents its commitment to research and science also by its name "Wissenschaftsstadt Darmstadt". In addition to the Technische Universität Darmstadt, the city hosts three Fraunhofer Institutes, the European Space Agency ESA and ESA’s Space Operations Center ESOC, as well as the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research.
Darmstadt is only 20 minutes by bus from Frankfurt International Airport and its train station is at the intersection of major international train routes.
- Sep 07, 2015 Annual Business Meeting of AE members
- Sep 07, 2015 Opening Session of the Annual conference of the Academia Europaea
- Sep 07, 2015 Welcome Reception
- Sep 09, 2015 Dinner Reception
Local Organizing Committee