"NORTHERN SEAS - THE EUROPEAN DIMENSION"#
24th Annual Conference of ACADEMIA EUROPAEA, Bergen , 2012#
The 24th Annual Conference of ACADEMIA EUROPAEA took place September 10-13, 2012, in Bergen, Norway. The Nominations meetings were Sept. 9-11, concluding with a Council meeting. This was followed by the AGM on the 11th, followed by the opening ceremony, including presentation of Burgen scholars, members elected in 2011 and present at the meeting, and the Lectures of the two Erasmus speakers. The main sessions took place on September 12-13.
The full programme can be viewed here.
Several sections organized mini workshop events that took place before the main conference programme. See below or the conference report.
There was also a very nice social programme including music and cultural activities appropriate to Bergen.
For general information about Bergen, see http://www.visitbergen.com/en
GENERAL TIMETABLE OF EVENTS#
SUNDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER#
- (Starting at 2pm): Nominations sub Committee (Private meeting)
MONDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER#
- (Starting at 09:00am) Nominations sub committee contd (Private meeting)
- (Starting at 2pm till 16:30) Plenary and Nominations committee in camera (Private meeting)
- (Starting at 6pm) Board meeting (Private)
TUESDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER#
- (Starting at 09:00 am) Board of Trustee meeting (Private)
- (11:30 - 14:00) Council meeting (private)
- MAIN CONFERENCE REGISTRATION DESK OPENS AT 14:00
- (Starting at 14:00) 24th Annual Business Meeting of Members of the Academia Europaea
- (Starting at 17:00) OPENING SESSION OF THE 24TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE FOLLOWED BY A RECEPTION
WEDNESDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER: (STARTING AT 09:00) #
- MAIN CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
THURSDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER (STARTING AT 09:00) #
- MAIN CONFERENCE PROGRAMME to be followed by a conference dinner.
Acommodation - Hotels in Bergen#
Download a list of selected hotels.
The local organising group:#
- Anne Gro Vea Salvanes, marine ecologist, former vice-rector of the University of Bergen - Chair
- Ole Didrik Lærum, medical pathologist, previously rector of the University of Bergen, past President of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
- Olav Eldholm, geoscientist, former Dean of the Natural Science Faculty
- Eystein Jansen, palaeoclimatologist, marine geologist, head of the Bjerknes Center for Climate Research at the University of Bergen
- Jan Vaagen, physicist, interested in energy questions locally and globally
- Agnar Sandmo, economist at the Norwegian School of Economics in Bergen
- Sverre Bagge, medieval historian, head of a Centre for Medieval Studies at the University of Bergen
"Maritime Cultures and Imaginations"
One-day seminar: Tuesday September 11, 9:30 to 16:00 University of Bergen, Studentsentret, Parkvei 1, seminar room C. Programme.
"New Frontiers in Informatics" - September 11, 2012.
For more details go to the Informatics Section News page
CLASSICS AND ORIENTAL STUDIES SECTION
Event date: 11 September 2012, programme
BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCES SECTION
Evidence Base of Psychosocial/Behavioural Interventions