Informatics seen by various members of the Informatics Section
Members of the Informatics Section are encouraged to add here their personal views of Informatics, or their sub-areas to provide a feeling what Informatics and our section are all about by presenting many facets. If you don't want to enter the information yourself, feel free to send me a PDF, PPT or Winword file, and I will put it up here, last one always on top.
Hermann Maurer, Section Chair, April 2010.
- Veljko Milutinovic: Interesting summary of How to write high quality papers
- Erol Gelenbe: Discussion on An international perspective on ubiquitous computing and university education
- Reinhard Wilhelm's look at his areas of Informatics
- Hermann Maurer's view of some aspects of Informatics
- Horst Bischof's view of some aspects of computer vision- a few slides
- Jozef Gruska's view on Informatics
- Jozef Gruska: On Quantum Informatics
- Dieter Fellner on aspects of his work in Digital libaries and 3D objects
- Wolfgang Reisig about the project SOSEWIN- A Wireless Self-Organizing Network for Seismic Early Warning and Rapid Response
- Maurice Nivat's look on the Future for Universities
- Erol Gelenbe On Self-aware and autonomic networks
- Josef Sifakis Vision for Computer Science
- Hermann Maurer Talk at Paris Meeting 2011 on "Academia Europaea and Informatics"
A full list of the activities connected with the Informatics section of the Academy.
Interdisciplinary Conference on Earth&Cosmic Sciences and Informatics#Graz /Austria August 30, 2010 - September 1, 2010
(a) The program
(b) Photo gallery of the speakers (c) AIECS Impressions - Photo gallery
(f) Some of the Papers or PPT's presented at the conference:
- Ivan Havel: Fascinating PPT on "Seeing Numbers" and his paper
- Hans Suenkel: Fascinating PPT on Gravity Field Exploration from Space... see also video below!
- Wolfang Reisig: SOSEWIN- A Wireless Self-Organizing Network for Seismic Early Warning and Rapid Response
(g) Videos (with kind support of wko.tv)
- Dieter Fellner: Visualizing Semantically Enriched 3 D Models
- Evgenii Burov: Recent Advances in Numerical Modelling in Earth Science
- Karin Sigloch: Illuminating the Darker Corners for Earth's deep interior. Three
- Sierd Cloetingh: Challenges of Earth and Cosmic Sciences to Informatics
- Taras Gerya: Innovative Solid Earth Modelling
- Hans Suenkel: Gravity Field Determination from Space
- Don Dingwell: Magma- The Ultimate Materials Modellign Challenge
- Christos Zerefos: Physics of Climate Cahnge and its Manifestation in Art