The nomination period for 2014 was opened on October 1, 2013 and will end on April 30, 2014.#
AE Nominatiom Form 2014
List of nominations
Detailed instruction on how to access the 2013 nominations of your section (only possible for authorized persons)
Download a list of accepted members from the 2012 election.
- To download and fill the AE Nomination Form please use Adobe's PDF Reader Version 8 or higher. Note that current versions are already 10.x , so if the PDF's don't work for you please update your pdf Reader.
- You have to download the file by clicking the right mouse button. Once the file is saved, you can open it with the Adobe Reader. If you just click on the link of the file above to open it, your browser opens it with whatever plug-in it uses, which is not the Adobe Reader. This might cause problems with downloading the file.
- If you cannot download the file, please contact office@AE-Info.org and the file will be sent to you and assistance will be provided.
- Attention Mac users: make sure that you open the nomination form using the Adobe Reader and not by means of the (default) MacOS "preview" application!)
Please read first the following rules of the Nomination Procedure 2014
- Before you consider nominating a new member, please make sure that the potential nominee has not already been nominated by clicking on "Show nominees of all sections sorted by alphabet" on the List of nominations. This might help to save your valuable time and helps avoid confusion when multiple nominations of the same person are made.
- For each candidate you want to nominate download the above AE Nomination Form and store it on your computer, best using the name of the candidate.
- You and one co-nominator have to fill out all fields marked * in the AE Nomination Form 2014. When complete, send it as attachment to an e.g. empty email to email@example.com by April 30, 2014, the latest.
- Submitting a form to the same section with exactly the same name for a candidate overwrites the previously uploaded form (i.e. later improvements are possible till the end of the nomination period).
- An automatic notification about a successful upload of the nomination is sent to the sender, the two nominators and the chair of the relevant section who also receives a copy of the nomination as attachment. Please notice that the email address of the nominators has to be the same one as the one registered on the server (have a look at your personal page).
- The nomination form does not allow any attachments. Nominators are free to send additional information on candidates to their section chair, who in turn can pass them on to the members of the section committee.
- Nominees (candidates) can be involved in the nomination processing by being asked to fill out the personal parts of the AE Nominatiom Form 2014, but they need not be informed about their nomination (to avoid disappointment when not being accepted, or to provide a positive surprise if accepted)
- Two nominators (and only two) nominators are obligatory. One of them has to come from a country different from the country of the candidate, both nominators must be ordinary members. (NOTE: foreign members, honorary members and patrons are NOT ordinary members and hence cannot nominate candidates)
- Each section chair has to provide a report of nomination activities (including a ranked list, the ranking involving all members of the section committee) to the chairperson of the nomination committee Ole Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to David Coates at Execsec@acadeuro.org by June 1, 2014, the latest.
- Each section can choose the ranking mechanism it favours. If the ranking is done using the average of numeric grades, a scale of 0 – 5 is recommended as follows: Grades are: 5 (a must); 4 (very good); 3 (good); 2 (acceptable); 1 (doubtful); 0 (absolutely no), all grades in comparison to AE quality. I.e. “good” does not mean “a good professor” but good compared with the average of members in the section. Thus, a “good professor” may well be unacceptable to AE, i.e. get grade 0: the aim of AE is, after all, to get as members the roughly 5% top researchers in each field
- The list of all nominees is visible to all nomination committee members and the board throughout (to e.g. note and act on not enough nominations in some area); the list of nominees in a section is visible to all section members. Note: Here we are talking about a list of names, not a list of dossiers. Full dossiers are accessible to all authorized persons, i.e. the nominators of a person for the dossier of that person; the members of the section committee for all dossiers of their section; the members of the nomination committee and the board members for all dossiers after the end of the nomination period.
- To view nominations submitted, go to the start page of www.ae-info.org, log in (right upper corner), click at the Nominations button (either left bottom corner or right upper part of page), then click at the "List of nominations". Here you can either view all nominations (names only) or choose the relevant section where you will find an alphabetic list of the nominees. Once you have opened a dossier (nomination) to get a good print-out click at the button "Show printer-friendly version" first. After the end of the nomination period (April 30, 2014) PDFs of all nominations will be sent automatically to David Coates for further action.
AE-Nomination Criteria for Informatics Section
NOTE: This is for members of the Informatics Section only: it shows the criteria that this section is using for considering someone eligible.